Saturday, February 12, 2011

Creative Tweets 6

Long time since I put a few of my tweets together! They are mostly composed during the morning commute to work, and I absolutely love the challenge of the 140-character limitation for each tweet!

This was inspired by a glorious Fall scene, when the sidewalk was littered with leaves of glorious hues.

Fallen leaves on pathways
Gold, orange, red and burnished copper
Nature's red carpet for mere mortals
Treading their fantasy walks of fame!
----------------------------------------------
It was an exceptionally cold Fall day, and the short walk uphill from home made me feel like an aboriginal woman bundled up against the Arctic cold.

Layered n bundled up in the cold

-4 with a windchill of -11
I climb uphill from my garage
As I would Mt.Denali
An Inuit woman in full gear
---------------------------------------------
This was composed around Diwali time in November when I felt my creative juices overflowing, in sync with the exuberance of the festivities.

Creative energies in my system
Festive energies in the air
Prompt me to forgo practical matters
Make art, fantasize, or just enjoy the ride!
------------------------------------------------
I had a particularly busy week before the Christmas Break, with hardly any time for a breather. Had to do a presentation even on the last day before the holidays, and I was longing for some personal downtime, which was not to be!

I'd feel best staying in the background
Focusing on my own priorities
How great it would be to nurture body and soul
Before Christmas hits!
-------------------------------------------------
Was feeling particularly down one December day!

Sunny disposition, ready charm, dazzling smile?
But way down, in my internal personal space
A raincloud or two is hidden from the world!
------------------------------------------------
The kid was preparing for his Provincial Exam in Science in January, his first public exam ever!

Signs of beauty of my son at work
Set jaw, sheen of sweat on his brow
Flexing his mental muscles
As if steering the course of the universe!

More of my creative tweets to follow!

2 comments: