Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's Spring Break ...Yeah, Baby!!!

FINALLY, I'm there! After the laborious countdown of the days and hours, it's Spring Break at last! All my students and colleagues at work were actually relieved yesterday to be heading home on that much-awaited break. And last night, just the very thought that I wouldn't have to wake up at 5.30 in the morning to get ready to go to work, made going to bed very sweet. And oh yeah, the kid has school next week, so the fact that I'll be having the house all to myself is something sweeter and one that I'm looking forward to with eagerness. Solitude is bliss, and one has to enjoy it in the first place in order to be able to better appreciate it. The emptynesters might beg to differ, but with all due respect, it is a state of mind and being that is highly appealing to me right now.

The peace and the quiet, the freedom to laze around, hanging out by myself in my PJs, cooking what I please and when I please, not having to hear cries of "Ma, I'm hungry! What's for lunch?" or " I can't find my blue shirt! Oh no ... is it still in the laundry hamper?", having full possession of the TV remote control, drinking endless cups of green tea and reading my iBooks - all these and more may not seem much to anyone else, but they mean the world of a difference to me! Talk about small mercies ... Phew!!! The husband has promised a mini trip the following week, once the kid gets his break from school. That, and the plans to work out as much as I can are all on the cards for now. As my mother always told me, I keep counting my blessings, and there's plenty of time to do just that this break. Happy Spring Break to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment