Monday, July 26, 2010

Creative Tweets 3

It's been a while since I posted any of my tweets. With the kid preparing for his overseas jaunt, it was virtually impossible for me to focus on and produce creative spurts of any kind. Anyways, here are a few from not so long ago:


The shrieking, wailing howling wind

Screaming through the darkness of the trees
Makes me sink deeper in my bed
Willing my mind to silence.

The sun peeks from behind white clouds
A fluorescent ball in a sheet of white grey

Transforming my Vancouver day
Into a neon-lit night!

Nimble as a Navi, agile, fleet-footed,
I traverse endless expanses,
The podiatrist's voice droning on
Of fallen arches and orthotic inserts!

Sitting on a bench along the Fraser River
I gaze into its murky depths
Willing my very own Nessie to rise
Sleek, amber-eyed, and iridiscent!

The toddler I ran after
Coaxing and cajoling to eat a few bites
Now a teenage pantry-raiding, fridge-marauding eating machine
Metamorphosis!


Financial security, social mobility
Carefree life sans worries
Bourgeois hopes for a better tomorrow
Deferred dreams or wishful thinking?!?

More of my tweets later!

No comments:

Post a Comment