Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mission Statement

With Mr. C. John David, State Project Officer, UNDP

Here is the mission statement that the kid wrote in regard to his trip to India:


Volunteering In The UNDP: My Mission


by Dinesh V. Kanna



My primary goal in volunteering in the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) this summer is to learn about the disaster management process in Tamilnadu and to participate in some of the children-based disaster management activities there.

My parents have inculcated in me the need to serve humanity and be a good global citizen , and my curriculum at school in the International Baccalaureate Program has driven home to me the fact there are so many other issues beyond the academic world that one has to take stock of. In this regard, I would like to make a start by volunteering my time and services in the UNDP, thus putting a part of my summer vacation to good use, and what better a place to start in than the country of my birth and my home province of Tamilnadu!

I am very grateful to the officials at UNDP for granting me this unique opportunity, and I would like to assure them that I will do my very best and contribute to the maximum in all their worthy projects.

Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dinesh...

    You are doing a great job. Keep it up!!!

    Kamal

    ReplyDelete