Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back ...

I am simply thankful for all of life's blessings, great and small, in spite of all the challenges thrown my way this year. Looking back, the predominant feeling is that this year sped by SO FAST ... WHOOSH it went, before I could pause for a breather! It was January just a while ago, and before I could realize it, here I am on the last day of the year, looking back at the days gone by ... Wow, indeed! As is usual of life, the year had its share of the good, the bad, and the ugly, an eclectic mix of experiences over which I had no control, and I am eternally grateful to God for taking me through it all with aplomb and grace, with nary a scratch and no regrets whatsoever.

The highlight of the year, unarguably, was my trip to India for my high school reunion, one ridden with nostalgia and peppered with faces so precious and dear, and experiences colored by love that only a long absence can bring. I had the time of my life in those two weeks back home, meeting all my long lost friends, teachers, and loved ones. Back home, we celebrated two milestone birthdays this year, the husband's 50th, and the kid's 16th, with a splash in Las Vegas to commemorate both the birthdays. Professionally, I did very well too, and I can say with all honesty that I was able to go to work with a big smile each day, despite some new kind of challenges that I was able to weather out quite well.

The down side was that there were too many hospital visits this year, but then again, with God's amazing grace, we were able to sail through it all with a minimum impact or fallout. My shoulder injury was my biggest challenge of them all, one that saw me in a lot of pain and put me through some grueling physiotherapy that I continue to this day. However, with the love, support, and understanding of my family, I have come through, and I look forward to the New Year 2012 with renewed vigor and enthusiasm. Hope springs eternal that the new year will bring about many more blessings, and like the two-headed Janus of mythology, I look back with one head at the year that has just passed, and with the other, I look forward to the new one that's just about to dawn. Happy New Year to all of you, my friends, and may all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions! :)

And speaking of resolutions, I may not be blogging as much in 2012, as I have these past two years, and I'm all set to work out with my personal trainer from next week onward ...YAHOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment