Saturday, February 25, 2012

Burning Out

It's been a scant two months since the year began, but somehow I seem to be burning out already. Not just me, but my friends at work and elsewhere as well. It seems kind of contagious, this insidiously lousy feeling, a kind of lethargy that creeps into your being and deadens your soul. The weather hasn't helped at all. Winter seems to be the season when depression among people is at its height, and Vancouver's wild, wacky weather has contributed a great deal to this feeling of inertia - grey, overcast skies, snow showers, rain, hail, sporadic and weak sunshine, and the like. Just when we thought that Spring was already here, temperatures have plummeted again, and there seems to be just no putting away those winter coats.

The only reprieve for now is looking forward to our Spring Break, just what the doctor ordered for all that sluggishness and torpor! Sleep deprived that I have been, I'm just basically planning to sleep in each morning, and take things easy. There's nothing exciting looming ahead in terms of travel or anything of that sort, particularly because the kid has just one week of break, and the husband has no break at all, so it's just chilling out at home for me. I plan to catch up on my reading, as always, and cook some fabulous food for my son. He always comes to a locked house in the evenings, so it will be a welcome change for him to smell Mom's cooking from a distance, as he nears home, and have me open the door for him. Oh for the simple pleasures of life! Once the break is over, I'm sure I'll be energized and back on track, until I burn out all over again before the summer break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment