Friday, April 23, 2010

Creative Tweets 1

Strange how boredom at times can lead one to creative spurts in the oddest of places. I take public transit to work every day and keep hopping off from bus to skytrain to bus, day in and day out. The commute can get kind of weary were it not for my Blackberry Bold. It's like a toy in the hands of an inquisitive child and I keep dabbling with it incessantly, just to ward off my boredom. I have become increasingly tech savvy, I must admit, thanks to my smartphone. Not only have I downloaded the Facebook app on my Blackberry, but quite recently the Twitter app as well. And I have learned to sync my tweets on Twitter with my updates on Facebook! :) God bless RIM and hallelujah to the smartphone!!!

For want of nothing better to do while on transit, I have started tweeting on the bus about things that I see or hear about. The limitations of having to tweet within 140 characters is an inherent challenge that I particularly seem to enjoy. The tightness of the tweet is really sweet, yet liberating in its own way. Here's my tweet about the cherry blossoms heralding the Spring season in Vancouver:


Pink and white cherry blossoms
A canopy above, a carpet beneath,
An endless wave of hues
Awash on the canvas of my soul.

The kid who I'm very proud of has told me not to brag about him on my blog or elsewhere. The proud mother that I am, I snuck in a tweet about him, much to his embarrassment:

My 14 year old, 6 ft. baby
Towering head and shoulders above me
Gentle giant, lovable monster
Energizing my life with meaning.


Much has been read and heard of the volcanic eruption in Iceland, but still, here's my tweet about it:

Volcanic eruption - molten lava, spewing ash clouds
Stranded airline passengers
Each made a modern-day Ulysses
On epic overland odysseys.

I hope these creative spurts continue endlessly. Happy tweeting to myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment